CALL TO ACTION – Complete UK Caste Consultation Questionnaire
9th June 2017
Help us outlaw caste-based discrimination in the UK – complete the public Consultation on Caste in Great Britain and Equality Law before 18 July 2017!
Several organisations and renowned academics have come together and created a website www.casteintheuk.org providing guidance on the questionnaire and the caste Consultation document, both of which contain complex legal terms and words. We do not want this to be a barrier to anyone wanting to respond to the survey.
Caste-based discrimination does exist here in the UK, acknowledged by both Parliament and the Government. It should be outlawed as any other form of discrimination. The government needs to hear from the UK residents – of South Asian origins and others – as to how individuals and groups should be protected against discrimination on caste grounds.
Our Guidelines provide a list of useful suggestions and tips to filling in the survey questions. We encourage all UK residents to take part in the Consultation and make sure that you strongly agree to add caste to the Equality Act 2010 in Question 16.
Frequently Asked Questions provide further information on questions you may have in relation to the Consultation.
How can you make this public Consultation successful?
- WE urge all UK residents to take part in the Consultation.
- GO TO casteintheuk.org that has most helpful tips to fill in the public Consultation survey.
- URGE everyone you know living in the UK to take part in the Consultation.
- USE your Twitter handle and Facebook page to disseminate more widely
- ENCOURAGE your media contacts to read our website to know more about the campaign
- If you are a journalist or broadcaster – report about it in your media outlet.
- Contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information.
Preferred hashtag: #casteintheuk at Twitter @Casteintheuk
Contact email: email@example.com