Dalit Solidarity Network UK campaigns against the atrocities, humiliation and poverty that over 260 million Dalits suffer due to caste discrimination
- Dalits in Pakistan suffer from severe drought – despite promises to act
1.2 million people and five million livestock in district Tharparkar are now once again in the grip of a severe drought and efforts to prevent future human catastrophies must be stepped up.
- India’s Prime Minister and the President urge the nation to end casteism
In two separate speeches India’s Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, and President, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, have stressed the urgent need to end casteism and communal violence splitting the Nation and hampering India’s developement.
- Dalit girls in Nepal particularly vulnerable to child marriage
In an analysis entitled “Nepal: why child marriage persists”, based on findings by Save the Children, World Vision, and Plan, IRIN news highlight that Dalit girls are at particular risk of child marriage in Nepal, and that concerted efforts to change the social welfare for Dalits in Nepa [...]
- Thousands of Dalits protest over attacks and discrimination in Pakistan
In a mass protest 15,000 Hindus, the majority of them Dalits, marched through the streets of Karachi to push for the provincial Government of Sindh in Pakistan to meet their demands for provisions to stop escalating discrimination against Hindus in the region.
- UN CERD urges Japan to act on discrimination against the Buraku
The Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) recommends that Japan effectively apply its legislation to protect Burakumin and provide information and indicators on concrete measures to uplift hteir living conditions and position in society.