Dalit Solidarity Network UK campaigns against the atrocities, humiliation and poverty that over 260 million Dalits suffer due to caste discrimination
- UN CEDAW Committee raises serious concern for Dalit women and the lack of implementation of laws
In the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), review of India on 2nd July 2014, the issues of Dalit women and girls were brought up by several experts of the Committee and the Committee noted that Dalit women and the lack of implementation of laws were matters of serio [...]
- Open Letter: A Call for Transparency in the ECOSOC NGO Accreditation Process
IDSN has joined other NGOs in sending an open letter to the ECOSOC members calling on them to take measures to stop the Committee on NGOs' members from blocking legitimate human rights organisations from gaining ECOSOC status.
- Report: UN HRC26 side-event on 'Caste-based violence against women'
Report on the UN Human Rights Council 26th session, 17th June 2014, side-event on 'Caste-based violence against women: The role of the UN in combatting caste-based violence and discrimination'.
- Global day of action to end caste discrimination – marches in London, Washington DC, San Francisco and India
The 21st of June has been marked as a global day of action to end caste discrimination and marches were carried out in London, Washington DC, San Francisco and India on this day. In London, a letter was presented to Prime Minister David Cameron, calling for action on enacting caste legislation in th [...]
- Farewell to UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay
A group of Dalit activists met Ms. Navi Pillay to express their gratitude for her unwavering commitment to support them in their struggle to end caste-based discrimination, during her tenure, which ends in August 2014.